Easy Rice Krispies Treat Idea

8 Feb

This week before Valentine’s day, I’m going to post some simple ideas that you can whip up with easy-to-find ingredients and supplies. This first one is so easy it really doesn’t require much instruction, but they’re fun and kids love them.

Make some Rice Krispies Treats and press them into a sheet pan. It should be level with the top of your pan, so if your recipe is too small to fill the whole pan, just fill part of it.  Sprinkle on some fun edible confetti and press down with a flat spatula so the sprinkles stick.

Let the treats cool and set for an hour or two, then cut with a cookie cutter.

Simple shapes are the best for these- Hearts, stars or flowers are great.

Put them on a plate and serve.

OR…  If you’re feeling extra fancy, insert lollipop sticks, cover with a cellophane bag, tie with a ribbon, and make some super-cute EASY Valentine party favors.

Note: If you’re going to put them on sticks, smaller shapes are the way to go (about 3″). Any larger than that, and they’ll want to fall off the sticks.

And what do you do with all the scraps after you cut your shapes?

I don’t know. Mine always disappear!

19 Responses to “Easy Rice Krispies Treat Idea”

1. Cute Everything February 8, 2011 at 5:30 pm #

What a fun and easy idea! Thank you for sharing. I love the boogeyman coming to eat the scraps!

2. wendy February 8, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

Awesome! I like easy and these look great! My scraps probably wouldn’t make it to the “boogeyman” as I would be eating them as I cut!!!

3. Katie Troumbley February 8, 2011 at 6:14 pm #

I have done krispie treats before, using choc, or fruity krispies, and my kids love them no matter how we make them ;) Thanks for the reminder of a great valentines day treat!!

4. Rachel February 8, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

Awesome, Karen! I think I know what we’re going to make for my kids’ valentines this year! Fast, easy, and adorable, all in one!

5. Happy When Not Hungry February 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

Those are soo cute and so simple. Thanks for sharing!

6. Jennifer February 8, 2011 at 8:55 pm #

Clever and cute! Now I’m hungry….goodbye!

7. Carmie February 8, 2011 at 9:07 pm #

Thank you for sharing, I had a good giggle with the last picture.

8. Emily February 8, 2011 at 9:20 pm #

Awesome! Love the last picture. Ha ha ha.

9. Georganne February 8, 2011 at 10:00 pm #

AH HA HA HA! I love love love the last picture! Another great way to make these is to add “Nerds” (a wonka candy.) It adds great color and the flavor is AMAZING!

10. Sher February 8, 2011 at 10:12 pm #

Of course, you let your sweetheart have them, silly! Great, gotcha picture with the goods or should I say, goodies!

11. Lola Cueto February 9, 2011 at 1:11 am #

Scraps???!!! What scraps???!!!
    Uhhmmmm!!! Delicious!!!

12. Carrie in Bartlesville February 9, 2011 at 5:23 am #

We are snowed in today and I just happen to have the stuff to make rice krispie treats. I may make a cookie bouquet mixed with sugar cookies and rice krispie treat hearts. OH I have to tell you that I made your cream cheese cut out cookie recipe and I LOVE IT!! What yummy cookies and just as simple to make as your basic sugar cookie recipe. can’t wait to see what else you come up with!

13. brenda February 9, 2011 at 6:49 am #

Looks like a big mouse in the kitchen lol

14. Barbara February 9, 2011 at 7:07 am #

Karen, Awesome! We love k-treats and last picture.HA haha!!!!!LOVE IT!!!!

15. Colleen Gura February 9, 2011 at 8:13 am #

These look so amazing! Are your rice krispies extra gooey? Whenever I try to cut out shapes in my rice krispies I cannot get the cutter thru the entire thing! Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong? HELP! :)

• Karen February 9, 2011 at 8:39 am #

I haven’t had too much trouble, but I kind of make up my own recipe. Maybe it’s a little softer than the regular recipe? I use a 16 oz bag of marshmallows, 1 cube of butter (1/2 cup), and about 10 cups of rice krispies, and then press it into a half-sheet pan so it’s about 1″ thick. I have to press pretty firmly to get it through, but it seems to work fine. Another thing that helps keep them soft is to melt the marshmallows over very low heat. It takes a lot longer than doing it at higher heat, but it keeps them from getting too hard. Hope that helps! :D

• Colleen Gura February 10, 2011 at 8:25 am #

Awesome Karen! Thanks so much! :P

16. Robyn Frost February 10, 2011 at 12:16 am #

So glad you posted this sweet idea!! I needed a simple treat for my daughters teacher for her Valentine party!! This was the perfect thing!! Thank you…thank you!! Oh….and it’s definitely me eating up the leftover scraps!! ♥♥♥

17. Anna ♥ Sugarized February 10, 2011 at 7:01 am #